Affordable Employee Healthcare For Employers
A 7 Rivers Alliance Executive Survey found lack of affordable employee healthcare to be a critical issue in the Coulee Region: Business leaders named “affordable health care” as the #1 challenge faced by employees – ahead of housing, childcare, and transportation. Employers and employees need affordable, accessible healthcare from qualified medical professionals for strong businesses and a healthy community.
How It Works
Self-insured employers, government offices and small businesses establish a Community Care Clinic affiliation. Employees gain access to cash-based medical services ($40 office visits), and an HSA or company allowance covers initial expenses. Same-day Community Care appointments are often available at our Onalaska location or our Chiropractic Clinics in Onalaska, La Crosse, and Sparta. Telemedicine virtual visits provide fast, convenient access to first-level healthcare from the workplace or home.
Bronston Chiropractic began in a rural community that was medically underserved. We saw patients in need of affordable medical treatment and responded by adding services and staff. A collaborative care model developed into a family practice model, and we so opened the Community Care Clinic as a division of Bronston Chiropractic.
On-site patient services include physical exams, treatment for common medical and musculoskeletal conditions, sports exams, physical therapy, injections, diagnostic ultrasounds, X-rays, and laboratory work. Businesses gain a resource for on-site flu clinics plus drug testing, DOT exams, ergonomics, workman’s compensation, injury triage, and work hardening. Referrals and sharing of patient information with Mayo and Gundersen allow for seamless health care networking.
- COVID-19 information and care
- Wearing a mask and avoiding neck pain
- Spinal care tips for working from home
- Physical therapy: Preventing & treating workplace injury
- Avoiding employee opioid use for back pain
- Back pain and the workforce
- Diabetes and prediabetes in the workplace
- Offering conservative care to attract and retain workforce
- Massage therapy can reduce health care costs and help employees
- Workers’ carpal tunnel and chiropractic care
- Chiropractic care for chronic pain and depression
- How to get employees with back pain back to work faster
- Sitting on the job – tips for employees
- Helping employees get more exercise